A Canoe Safari includes gently paddling down the Upper Zambezi River above the Victoria Falls – the playground of hippo, shimmering home of crocodiles and the watering hole of buffalo and elephant – drifting though secretive channels and enjoying the ever-so-slight turbulence of the more placid rapids above Kandahar Island. You might be fortunate enough to spot a Marshall Eagle, witness a Tiger Fish jump or catch a glimpse of a clawless otter playing in the shadows by the banks.
A professional canoe guide will point out all the flora and fauna that can be spotted on the edges of the Zambezi National Park from inflatable canoes whilst sharing the realities of this amazing eco-system.
Canoe Safaris are available throughout the year and make a fantastic alternative to White Water Rafting during the Off-Season.
Clients are collected at 06h50 and take an hour and a half game drive (18km) into the Zambezi National Park in an open vehicle to arriving at our riverside station. the guide will then give a thorough briefing, which will cover; conditions of the river, rapids, canoeing instruction, safety and general information. You will be asked to sign an indemnity form.
The full day is spent canoeing (18kms) downstream, running small grade one and two rapids, exploring channels, bird and game viewing. The Kandahar Rapids are run on this day.
Lunch and drinks are served during your trip and after you will continue to slide towards the Victoria falls, please note that you will not reach anywhere near the falls as this is not possible. but you will be 2km away from the falls but you might be able to see the cloud sprays froma distant this is for the safety of our guests.
your Zambezi Trail Canoe trip ends at approximately 14:30hrs
- Canoe activities (Unless labeled as optional)
- A professional Raft guide
- All transportation to and from the Jetty (Unless labeled as optional)
- 15% Taxes/VAT or 2% Tourism Levy
- Light Lunch (As specified in the day-by-day section)
- Soft Drinks & Drinking water (During the Trip)
- All Park fees US$10p/p (For Residents or non-residents)
- International flights (From/to home)
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Tips / Gratuity (Tipping guideline US$10.00 pp per day)
- Personal items (Souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- 3% Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees
- Some meals (As specified in the day-by-day section
*Tips on What to pack for your Upper Zambezi Canoeing Trip*.
- Generally, casual comfortable clothing is suitable throughout the year, water sports shoes and short or Long pants are essential,
- December to July as this is the high water season months.
- A good pair of Sunglasses
- Sun block, a hat and insect repellent are essential!
- Camera with lots of film! For digital ensure batteries are fully charged at all times. please protect your valuable like, passports and cameras as sometimes we experince some little bit of rapids.
- Malaria medication is necessary, especially malaria tablets or get advise from your doctor.
- There will be times when you are exposed to the sun, so a thin long sleeve shirt may come in handy.
Last but not least, a sense of humour …………this is Africa!