Hwange Full Day Trip
Hwange National Park is the largest and most popular park in Zimbabwe. It offers excellent wildlife viewing, and most big safari animals can be seen, including the Big Five. Hwange is most known for the impressive concentration of elephant that are attracted to the park's waterholes during the Dry season.
Our Hwange Full day safari trips from either Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe or livingstone, Zambia to Hwange National Park departs daily and also pre-arranged overnight camping or Lodging accommodated safari tours inside Hwange national park, please note that night game drives are done outside the National park on our Private concession, and the park closes at 18H00 and opens 06H00.
Tour highlights: -
Clients are picked from their respective hotels at 6.30am; they may request packed breakfast from their hotel. The drive from Victoria Falls is approx. 380km return. After arriving at Hwange Main Camp around 09:00 hrs. you are transferred into our Open 4 X 4 Open Game Drive van and do the mid-morning game drive and then break for lunch and have the packed lunch while surrounded by nature right in the national park on our picnic sights, after that, we continue to hunt for more game during the afternoon drive before returning back to Victoria falls or Zambia side. The arrival time depends on the time of coming out of the National park, approx. 20:00hrs and make dinner arrangements with your hotel.
Wildlife & Animals – Hwange NP
The elephant population in Hwange is one of the largest in the world. The number of elephants congregating around the waterholes at the end of the Dry season is a sight to behold. All of the Big Five are present and easily spotted, with the exception of the white rhino or the black rhino, which is shy and tends to stick to the bushes.
Animals you might come across in the national park are Lions, Cheetahs, Leopards, Giraffes, zebras, Antelope all kinds, Baboons, Ostriches, Warthogs, Hippos, Crocodiles .and beautiful bird life. Etc.
- All activities (Unless labeled as optional)
- All accommodation (Unless listed as upgrade)
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation (Unless labeled as optional)
- 15% Taxes/VAT or 2% Tourism Levy
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- Meals (As specified in the day-by-day section)
- Drinking water (On all days)
- All Park fees (For Residents or non-residents) of US$20p/p per day.
- International flights (From/to home)
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Tips / Gratuity (Tipping guideline US$10.00 pp per day)
- Personal items (Souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- 3% Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees
- Some meals (As specified in the day-by-day section
*Tips on What to pack for your Hwange Safari Tour*.
Generally, casual comfortable clothing is suitable throughout the year, dull neutral
Colours are most suitable.
The most practical items for Safari are:
· T shirts
· Jeans or safari Khakhi trousers for the cool evenings and mornings
· A fleece or warm sweater for those early morning game drives.
· A good pair of Sunglasses
· Sun block, a hat and insect repellent are essential!
· Binoculars and a camera with lots of film! For digital ensure batteries are fully charged at all times.
· Malaria medication is necessary, especially malaria tablets or get advise from your doctor.
· There will be times when you are exposed to the sun, so a thin long sleeve shirt may come in handy.
· Please attempt to travel as light as possible- space is always an issue on Safari.
Last but not least, a sense of humour …………this is Africa!!!